- Two large Styrofoam blocks
- glue or tape
- Use the two Styrofoam blocks to create two dice.
- Cut paper to fit the sides of the Styrofoam blocks. Print various ways to move on six of the pieces of paper and let the children draw pictures to depict the actions below the words. For example: run, walk, crawl, hop, spider-walk (on hands and feet), and tiptoe. Glue or tape these to six sides of one die.
- Cover the second die with blank paper. On each side, print the number one, two, or three so that you have two of each number on the die.
- Race around a designated area as directed by the way the dice land. For example, if the movement die lands with "hop" on top and the number die lands with "three" on top, the children should race around the designated area three times while hopping.
- The goal of the game is not winning the race, but rather to follow the directions indicated on the dice. Encourage the children to cooperate and help each other.
Tip: In place of one of the movements on the movement die, print the word "rest" and draw a picture of a child lying down. If the ExerDice lands with the word"rest" on top, all should lie down and rest while they count to the number indicated on the number die.