Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Jungle Safari Lion King Mini Golf
Golf clubs (or sponge and yardstick)
Golf ball or rubber ball
• Use your own clubs, or masking tape a new sponge to a yardstick
• Build your course (see ideas below) using the coffee can for the final hole.
• Take turns playing your way through your course.
• Save your obstacles for the next rainy day.
Golf Course Ideas:
• For a tunnel, cut out the bottom of an empty oatmeal box, and place the box on its side.
• To make a house, turn a shoe box upside down and cut out an entrance from one end, and the exit from the other end.
• Fold a piece of cardboard in half and set it up like a tent for the ball to go through.
• Place two or three frisbees on the floor to form a curved fairway for the ball to go through.
• Make a ramp by scoring (run one point of the scissors in a straight line without cutting all the way through) a piece of cardboard twice. Bend slightly at each score mark to create a upside, flat, and downside to your ramp. Put some books under the center section for support.
• For a straight fairway, use two rows of building blocks.
• Make a sand trap from a hula hoop.
• For a pipe use paper and tape it.
• Put a chair or stool in the center of the room for the ball to go under.
Set up stuffed animals around the course and sip on some “Jungle” juice when you’re done with your game! (Jungle Juice: ½ apple juice, ½ Sprite)