Monday, October 25, 2010
• Paper plate
• Orange yarn
• Green paint
• Paint brush
• Black construction paper
• Item for nose
• Glue or glue stick
1. Paint the backside of your paper plate green. Let dry before proceeding.
2. Punch two holes on sides of rim, slightly above center to hold yarn for hair.
If you have a hole punch this works well.
3. Cut ten 12 " lengths of yarn for each side of the head. Cut two 6" pieces of yarn and then tie each group of 10 yarns together, at the center. Using the 6 " piece, now thread through hole on side of head and tie in place. Repeat for other side.
4. Cut a triangle shape for the witch's hat. Glue in place.
5. Draw eyes and mouth with the black marker.
6. Glue nose in place.
We used one of those peanuts for packing material for our nose but you could just scrunch up a tiny bit of paper and tape with masking tape to make a nose.