Saturday, March 20, 2010
Bring the rainbow inside with these fun and colorful streamers. Have a parade, put on some Irish dance music, or just enjoy the bright colors flowing in the breeze.
1 1 paper plate
2 Paper streamers or wide ribbon in rainbow colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
4 White craft glue
5 Piece of ribbon for hanging
1. Cut a large circle out of the center of the paper plate. You will end up with just the rim of the plate.
2. Cut 1 streamer or ribbon of each color about 18" long.
3. Glue each streamer to the bottom half of the circle.
4. Poke a small hole at the top of the circle and thread a piece of ribbon through it. Tie a loop in the ribbon and hang up the streamers.
• Use a pencil or pen and pressing firmly on the paper plate, draw the circle to cut out. Pressing down firmly will make a deep indent making it easier to cut out.
• If you like, cut the ribbon or streamers twice the length, then drape through the circle and glue at the center. This will give you double the hanging streamers and you can display from either side.
• Foam plates are nicer for this craft than paper as they have a smooth outer edge.