Sunday, September 26, 2010
1. Show children a rock and a glass of water
o How are these two different?
2. Explain that the water is a liquid and a rock is a solid.
3. Read: Bartholomew and the Oobleck by Dr. Seuss and have the children predict from the cover of the book what oobleck could be.
4. Write predictions on a chart.
5. Tell children we are going to experiment to see who is right.
6. Allow children to mix cornstarch and water together ( 2 parts cornstarch to 1 part water)
7. Let children play with the Oobleck to get a good sense of what it may be.
o Is oobleck a liquid or a solid?
o What makes you think so?