Sunday, September 5, 2010
Back to School Scissor Skills Projects
• children's scissors
• construction paper -- you can pre-choose the color or let the kids pick their own
• paper and printer
• ADULT: print template of choice or make your own.
• ADULT: Cut the construction paper into long, one inch wide strips (you can cut fast, they don't have to be perfect)
• show the child how to hold their scissors
• let the child snip off pieces from the strips of construction paper... as the children get older, you can ask them to try to snip perfect squares, but to begin with, just let them snip away
• Either squeeze the glue onto the template for the child or squeeze some into a margarine container lid and give the child a q-tip or popsicle stick to spread the glue themselves.
• Let the child fill the template with the snipped pieces -- don't worry that they go over the lines
• Let dry