Make this easier for little ones by having the paper plate and all the stars and stripes pre-cut.
• Paper plate (8”or 9”)
• Construction paper: Red, white and blue
• Cotton Balls
• Hole punch (scissors will work)
2. The entire sheet of red paper will make the base of the hat (a standard 81/2" X 11" paper). Using the white construction paper cut out four 1" strips and glue evenly onto the red paper. Turning your blue paper length wise, cut out a 2" wide strip which will make the brim of your hat.
3. Glue the base of your hat onto your paper plate, and then glue the blue brim on top (feel free to staple this on if you want it to go faster, or if you don't have any glue). Decorate the brim of your hat with stars. You can either cut them out of the white paper or you can use stickers if you have some.
4. Glue cotton balls all around the paper plate to make "Uncle Sam's" beard. Once the glue is dry you can tie the mask around your face and have some good ol' American fun!